10.09.2010

the end of an era

after 6+ years of teaching
friday was my last day in the classroom...at least for now
i can't believe it's already here and the day was bittersweet
it was hard to say "goodbye" to my colleagues and all my current and former students

martha made a surprise visit to the class with all the kids
ellington loved seeing the kids and enjoyed all the attention they gave her.
she brought me a rose and special gift for my last day
{thank you martha...you are an amazing friend}

later in the day my class of 27 surprised me with a special baby shower and going away party
they are the sweetest group of kids and didn't spoil the surprise at all even though they knew about it for a WEEK. for 9 year olds that is a true accomplishment!!
i've been with this class for only 5 weeks but have become attached to them and wish them the best year ever. it's hard to let go but i'm truly looking forward to just being a mom.
the class put together a book of advice according to a kid
the notes were hilarious and so true
it is a gift i will treasure forever and will enjoy sharing it
with ellington and ??? when they are old enough to understand.

so here is to 6+ years of teaching
and to many more years of teaching my own little ones at home

2 comments:

  1. aww, i bet that's sad to say goodbye. but your first day at home lounging in your pjs will feel good - ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily. I check your blog every day to see if he is here. I hope Mart will keep me posted. Wishing you an easy delivery and a lifetime of joy with your little man.

    Deb Eidam

    ReplyDelete